Quality in (IT) service provision
Recognized proof of structured service management
Improved transparency in the processes of the services
Continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
Systematic identification of risks and opportunities
What is IT-based service management according to ISO 20000-1?
As an international standard, ISO/IEC 20000-1 was designed for the development of a service management system that focuses on the needs of customers. The transparency that results from meeting the requirements of the standard allows you to agree so-called "Service Level Agreements" (SLA).
These provide planning and action security for all parties involved. The management system helps you to better identify opportunities for new services and to implement them more efficiently. In addition, ISO 20000-1 provides transparent documentation to help you keep an eye on risks and contribute to the success of your company with stable processes.
Why is ISO 20000-1 useful for your company?
- With certification, you provide internal and external customers with documentation of a cost-effective and reliable service management system (SMS)
- In addition, you appear to your customers as a confident organization or organizational unit
- You can close "Service Level Agreements" (SLA) that provide planning and action security for all parties involved
- The standard enables your employees to deploy and develop skills in a structured and targeted manner
- Based on an international standard, the management system helps you to better identify opportunities for new services and to implement them more efficiently
- You will also keep an eye on risks and contribute to the company's success with stable processes in service management - a springboard to a service that is noticeably more customer-oriented and enthusiastic
- The guidelines of the best practice approach of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) are also taken into account. ITIL is the most widely used approach to IT service management (ITSM for short), i.e. also for all companies that provide IT services.
ISO 20000-1 and ISO 9001 - what synergies can you exploit?
For companies that want or need to provide evidence of a quality management system according to ISO 9001 in addition to ISO 20000-1, the additional audit effort is minimal while the scope remains the same. These two certificates are the visible proof of your service and quality thinking. Feel free to contact us about a combined audit of ISO 20000-1 and ISO 9001 to get certified according to both sets of rules.
How does ISO 20000-1 certification work?
Once all standard requirements have been implemented, you can have your management system certified by going through the DQS multi-stage certification process. If a certified management system already exists in your company, the process can be shortened. However, if you do not yet wish to implement a fully comprehensive service management system, we will also audit individual processes in your company and issue a certificate of conformity for them.
In the first step, you discuss your company, your management system and the goals of an ISO 20000-1 certification with us. On this basis, you will promptly receive a detailed and transparent offer, tailored to your individual needs.
Especially for larger certification projects, a planning meeting is a good opportunity to get to know your DQS auditor, as well as to develop an individual audit program for all involved areas and locations. The pre-audit offers the opportunity to identify strengths and improvement potential of your management system in advance.
The certification audit starts with a system analysis (audit stage 1) and an evaluation of your documentation, objectives, the results of your management review and internal audits. In this process, we determine whether your management system is sufficiently developed and ready for certification.
In the next step (system audit stage 2), your DQS auditor assesses the effectiveness of all management processes on site. In a final meeting, they will provide you with a detailed presentation of the results and information on potential improvements for your company. If necessary, action plans are agreed upon.
After the certification audit, the results are evaluated by the independent certification board of DQS. You will receive an audit report containing the audit results. If all standard requirements are met, you will receive an internationally recognized certificate.
To ensure that your company continues to meet all the important criteria of ISO 20000-1 after the certification audit, we conduct surveillance audits on an annual basis. In this way, the continuous improvement of your service management system and your business processes is competently monitored.
The ISO/IEC 20000-1 certificate is valid for a maximum of three years. Recertification is carried out in good time before expiry to ensure continued compliance with the applicable standard requirements. In a favorable case, a new certificate is issued.
How much does ISO 20000-1 certification cost?
For these reasons, the costs for certification according to ISO/IEC 20000-1 cannot be given as a lump sum. We will be happy to make you an individual offer for your organization, regulatory agency or company.
What you can expect from us
- Personal, smooth support from our specialists - regionally, nationally and internationally
- Individual offers with flexible contract terms and no hidden costs
- Meaningful audit reports including recommendations for action